Changes to EMDG from 1st July 2017
For applications for the Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) submitted from 1st July 2017 onward, the following changes to the scheme will apply:
- Communications costs are no longer included as an eligible expense category.
- A limit of $15,000.00 has been placed on the free sample expenditure category, noting that for claimants that are combining two years of expenditure, and one of these years is the 2015-16 financial year, no limit applies.
- The daily allowance for overseas marketing visits has been increased from $300.00 to $350.00.
- In-country ground travel expenses such as taxis and trains (and excluding airfares) are no longer eligible to be claimed separately and are instead intended to be covered by the $350.00 allowance.
- The list of excluded expenses now includes those expenses relating to eligible promotional activities or eligible products that may have had a detrimental impact on Australia’s trade reputation.
- The first tranche payment ceiling remains at $40,000.00. For successful applicants entitled to $40,000.00 or less, this amount will be received in full when the claim is processed.
For those entitled to over $40,000.00, the second tranche payment (to be apportioned among successful applicants) will be determined towards the end of June 2018.